With regard to the children I told about in my March letter, I’m eager to report the following:
- To proceed with the treatment of Natalya Dolmatova from Perm, 11 y.o, brain cancer in Charite clinic, Berlin, we need to collect only EUR 6,500 from EUR 33,650. The deadline is the beginning of May.
- Parents and friends of Vika Vakatova, 7 y.o., dislocation of the hip joints, progressive scoliosis, managed to collect CHF 19,000 required for the concluding surgery in Kinderspital clinic, Zurich. Many thanks to our Swiss colleagues, the members of diaconie group of Resurrection parish, for financial and moral help to this family!
- Levon Avargzhanyan, 3 y.o., cerebral palsy, arrested psychomotoric and speech development, still requires for his rehabilitation in Junior Rehabilitation Center “Rodnik” in St. Petersburg RUB 190,000 from RUB 225,000 required.
- Alyona Ivanova, 1 year 8 month old, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, has started her treatment in Turkey. The funds you have collected will be transferred to this hospital.
- We continue to search for the sponsor for a big family of our colleague Leonid Markov who is employed in charity fund “Diakonia” that works with drug addicts as consultant on chemical dependencies in rehabilitation centers and in the social adaptation center.
Besides, for the month past we have
- paid for rehabilitation of Andrey Derugin (15 y.o., cerebral palsy) in Rattinger clinics;
- have organized the treatment and paid the deposit for Kostya Kovalev (5 y.o. papilloma, HIV) in a clinic in Frankfurt;
- have paid a part of the debt of Maxim Duchnov (7 y.o., medulloblastoma) for the treatment in Asklepios clinic;
- have paid and organized a delivery from Germany to Moscow of special Hipp food for feeding tube, this is for Maxim Rossohkin, 18 y.o., vegetative state;
- have organized and paid the first term for the examination in a clinic in Bonn for archpriest Nicolai from Belarus (diabetes, prosthetic);
- paid the travel for Varya Shelyagina (3 y.o., retinoblastoma);
- found a sponsor, organized the purchase and delivery to Moscow of a Hoggy rehabilitation buggy for Zachar Kalinin (9 y.o., cerebral palsy);
- organized and paid the rehabilitation in a Germany hospital for Artem Leich (3 y.o., cerebral palsy) from Kazachstan;
- transferred the funds to the family of Maxim Balyuk( 13 y.o., neuroblastoma) for whom the God’s will was to spend last days to spend last days in a US palliative care with his parents. We ask for your prayers for the reposed child Maxim and his parents Ksenya and Georgiy!;
- found a sponsor and transferred funds to sustain life of a family with a cancer child in Donentsk, Ukraine.
Thank you for your help!
Yet more work on organization and volunteer support has been done by our local diaconie groups. We thank them heartily!
In April, I would like to draw your attention to two more families that require your support:
- A young family with handicapped child, Sasha Alekseev, 1 y.o., West syndrome, from St. Petersburg, requires financial assistance. They need money for medicine, massage, diagnostics. The parents are former drug addicts working at home and a sew factory. They don’t have this money.
- In a big family of Belyshevy from St. Petersburg there is a child, Vasilli, with a rare disease of hyperinsulinism. The medicine he needs is not produced in Russia and has to be imported from Europe. This costs money: at least EUR 250 per month. The family strives to survive with two pension benefit incomes only. From the letter of the mother:”My husband is handicapped as consequence of a head injury he got 5 years ago. He could work a while, yet all his time – if not the whole life – he gives to Vasilly. Vasilly can not be left unattended even for a minute, this is for all 8.5 years of his life … We need to survive several month till I get a job in the department of Math at Politechnical University … Till this moment we just get from the government a very strange amount of subsistence for our sick child: RUB 50 (EUR 0.75) per month… “
HURRY TO DO GOOD!
I love you all!
Yours Alina Titova
PRAYER LIST FOR APRIL:
for the health of
infants: Elizaveta, Elena, Elena, Elizaveta, Valeria, Artemii, Ioann, Andrei, Dionisii
children: Ariadna, Dmitrii, Igor, Victoria, Mikhail, Daniil, Anna, Yulia, Ilya, Maxim, Darya, Feodor, Feodor, Timothy, Anastasia
sick: archpriest Sergii, archpriest Nicolai, Vladislav, Natalia, Aglaida, Olga