And so we are approaching the most important time for benevolence: the pre-Christmas time. Even though we all know that all you need for helping others is an open heart and it opens at any time of the year!
Here are some of our November results:
- Arsenij Nikita, 5 years, from Murmansk, was diagnosed with rhythm disturbance of the heart. His treatment was paid for and has been successfully accomplished. The child returned back home. His mother thanks everyone sincerely for their help!
- Andrej Dmitriev, a 9-year old boy from Enakievo, Donetsk region, needs to collect a further eight thousand euros to come to Bonn for the treatment of the shell splinter that is stuck in his spine. Thanks to the multiple Germany-wide Christmas markets we have managed to substantially limit the amount that is still to be collected! Thank you, good people! Andrjusha is holding on and believes with his last efforts that soon he might be in a place free from bombing and pain.
- Danil Konev, 9 years, Surgut, diagnosed with neuroblastoma of the right adrenal gland, relapse, had to return back home as the required sum of 62 thousand pounds has not yet been collected to continue his treatment at the Harley Street Clinic in London. But his mother and everyone, who loves him, don’t lose hope and continue to search for money!
- The arrival of Vlad Janevich, 21 years, from Zhitomir, short bowel syndrome, to Rostock for a diagnostic and treatment has unfortunately been delayed for now.
- Arch priest Nikolai Ulyahin, Church of Saint George in the village Gorka, Belarus, diagnosed with insulin-dependent diabetes type 2, amputation of a leg, with the help of the orthodox community of Darmstadt, has managed to partially finance a prosthesis. As a diabetic, he has to go through a diagnostic and a medicament selection first. The complete bill is arriving soon. The first payment will be 3 thousand euros. We would appreciate your help.
In December these people need our help:
- The family of Kochnov from Donetsk has two out of three children severely ill. The 4-year old Vanya has ICP, severe headaches and convulsions. He needs a range of medications, which soothe the pain and convulsions. But until now he hasn’t received any proper diagnostic, let alone a treatment. The youngest son, Luka, 2 years, has asthma. Apart from inhalation with a nebuliser, he doesn’t receive any treatment.
A letter from their mum: Our boys are still very young and everything can be fixed and they can be put back onto their feet. At the moment we live in Krasnyj Luch (Lugansk region), because our house in Donetsk has been damaged and is now inhabitable. My husband is a miner and at the moment jobless, as there are simply no jobs available in the city. Yesterday we arrived from Donetsk and went to an appointment with a neurologist. She said that it is necessary to carry out a thorough investigation of the brain in order to tell exactly what needs to be treated. For that we need huge financial investments, which we do not have.
The last message we have received from our volunteers stated that the mother has pawned her wedding ring in order to purchase medicaments for Vanya, without which he suffered a lot. Despite the grave situation, they believe that with God’s help everything will get well again.
In order for them to survive with the sick children, they need 200 euros per month at the moment.
- The family of Vika Pelin, 12 years, from Ukraine, grave genetic illness of the kidneys. The girl received a transplant from her father a year ago in the university clinic of Cologne and she has been monitored since. Recently, the same illness has been discovered with her two year old brother Artjem. Returning back to Ukraine, where the doctors refused to take Vika in for treatment, would mean the death of the children for the family. They are currently fighting for a prolonged German visa and for a permit to work for the parents. They do not have any medical insurance. Constant support is needed: food, diapers for the young boy, money for the payment of the rent, everyday tools and so on.
- The family of Maksim Balyuk, 13 years, from Monastyrishe, Ukraine, diagnosis: relapsing neyroblastoma. The child is going through a lengthy treatment in the university clinic of Cologne. Monthly support is needed for life and food.
- Vlad Sergeev, 24 years, from Izhevsk, testicular cancer with metastasis in the lungs. Metastasis didn’t have to occur – in Izhevsk he received an unsuccessful treatment. Four and a half months later it was possible, with a huge effort, to get him to Germany for treatment. He has gone through an operation in the university clinic of Cologne and is finishing his first chemo now. Another three courses need to follow. Necessary sum for the treatment is 18 thousand euros.
- Apart from this, we are also collecting sweets and present for children of two orphanages as well as poor families from Vinnytsa. If you want to make these children happy, who don’t have a sweet life at the moment, contact Lena: +49 177 2515039
In many European cities there are benevolent fares and concerts held currently.
For more information about them visit our site orthodiakonia.de, as well as our fresh Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/orthodiakonia/
HURRY TO DO GOOD!
Your Alina Titova
PRAYER LIST FOR DECEMBER:
For the health of:
inf. Elena, Elisaveta, Dimitrij, Elisaveta, Valeriya, Rostislav, Nadezhda, Ioan, Andrej, Savva, Daria, Zlata, Mark, Emily, Anastasija, Sofia
youth. Matfej, Matfej, Maksim, Daniil, Ariadna, Mihail, Viktoria, Ilya, Nikita, Nikolaj, Anastasija, Ioan, Daria, Maksim.
Prot. Vasiliy, Prot. Sergiy, Prot. Nikolaj, Vladislav, Evgenia, Valentina, Raisa, Natalia, Lyudmila
Please also pray for their parents and relatives!